• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2004 NissanTitan Trailer Problems

I have a 2004 Nissan Titan that I just bought last winter. This spring I bought an adapter to hook up my boat. I only have power coming to the running lights and the positive sign. I have checked titan forums which told me: bad ground, bad fuse,bad relay. I have checked every fuse and there is a good ground. There are three relays that I am going to replace for $25.00. I bought the truck used from a non-nissan dealer, but I will call them to see what they can do. Any help would be greatly appreciated-I am losing my mind to figure out the problem. [email protected]

So you checked for power at the seven pin connector?

In the owners manual it should specifically list trailer turn signal, brake and running lights. Just want to make sure that you found and checked those specifically.

Yes,I checked them with a tester and there was only power to the running lights and the postive sign. I think it may be a relay problem. there are three of them that deal with trailer lights.

Sorry it has taken so long but I wanted to see a diagram before I went into detail.

It looks like the left turn and right turn and brake are controlled by the BCM (body control module).

The relays you mention look like they control the running lights (tow relay 1), Electric brakes (tow relay 2), and I'm not sure what the third one is for unless it has something to do with the electric braking.

I would check the back side of the connector on the truck specifically looking at the yellow/black and green w/ black wires. Those are the two that control the turn signal/brake lights. If the corroded you may have found the answer. If you can trace that harness back to a plug in and check for power there that might help also. I have run into a few (not Nissans) where the connectors have been corroded.

Good luck!