• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Questions

Basseyes

I've been able to find almost all my decals but can't seem to find the back graphics. Anyone know a good place to find decals for a pro v?

Have only owned camo boats up to now and am wondering is it a good idea to wax an aluminum painted boat and what is the best way and products to keep up the paint, hull and even the motor cover?

The live wells have me a bit confused? I don't use them much but want them to work properly. I can't get my front one to fill but the pump sounds like it is trying to pump water. Are the live wells on seperate pumps? Is the impeller in the pump bad or am I missing something simple? The back one fills with water no matter where the control switches are set and circulates water into the bait well like it should. I can't get the back one to empty. For now the back one I've just put a plug in it and that seems to work. Don't want all that extra weight if I don't need it. Getting a bit frustrated with the live wells. Seems like I'm just missing something?

I'd call Lund or go through a lund dealer to get the decals. If they're not available on hsolist I'd say that's your only option.

Wax should be just fine on the aluminum - it's got a clear coat on it. Be carefull around the decals though.

I presume you read my reply in another thread: Livewell Question?

When you are trying to fill the front livewell, what setting do you have the valve on? It needs to be on Fill or Empty. If it's on recirc and there's no water in the livewell to pump it'll sound like you describe.

With respect to emptying the back one - when you set it to empty it doesn't drain? It won't fully drain until you either pull the boat out of the water or run on plane until it emptys, then switch the valve to fill or recirc.

marine_man

Check to see if you have individual pumps. Are they canister type pumps? If they are, you may need to (while pump is on) twist to loosen canister then retighten the pump will then prime its self. My pumps seem to vapor lock and not prime some times and this gets them to work.

Marine man hit things on the head. Make sure that your control knob is on fill for filling. Sometimes when mine won't work I'll put the big motor in reverse to force water up the intake lines and to the pump. Seems to work if there is an air lock or something.

You are correct the back one will not fully empty till I pull it out of the water no matter where the switch is.

The front one seemed to have some trouble filling late last year when I got the boat but would fill none the less. Now it will not fill at all with the switch on rec, fill or empty. But I can hear the pump turn on.

There's only a small access hole in the splash pan in front of the motor. Not much room to even get my arm down in there. Can't see the pump. Can see the hoses going under the back well and that is where I can hear the pump running. What's the best way to get at that pump, pull the back platform? Could the 2 problems be related if it is only one pump? But I have 2 screens on the back of the boat with 2 seperate hoses in the boat so can I assume they have seperate pumps?

Will try the reverse thing and keep tinkering with it.

Appreciate all the help.

Looked into lund decals and seats OOOOUUUUCH! Holy shnikee that stuff is spendddeee. $240 bucks for a seat. I need four seats eventually because I have the lund seats made out of wood and they are getting kind of soft. For four seats I'd have to spend over $1,000 after taxes. YIKES!

The back one won't fully empty until you're on plane or until it's out of the water because you effectively have a hole in the livewell to outside of the boat - water pressure will force water into the livewell until it's at the same level as the water outside the boat.

ANYFISH offered a good tip too - sometimes (and almost always the front one) the pumps will get air lock and need to be backfilled a bit by putting the motor in reverse and running the throttle up some.

Access to the pumps (yes, there are 2) and valves (2 also) is through a rectangular floor panel (not an access panel, you'll need to remove part of the floor) in the center of the boat, almost always right before the step up to the front deck or right in front of the rear storage compartments. The panel is probably 2' long at the most... the one that's about 6' or so is for the fuel tank. There will be 4 screws, one in each corner of the panel. Pull those and you'll have full access to the pumps and valves.

One thing I would try first is to remove the screen that runs to the front livewell (you may have to experiment to see which one it is) and run water from a garden hose into the fitting after you screw the screen off and turn your pump on. Does it pump water then?

marine_man

Took the panel off and turned the switch for the front live well. The set screw on the cable was not tight. When the switch was moved the hole cable moved not allowing the inner wire to move the valve. Adjusted and tightend it and works properly now. The back pump sounds different than the front one even though they are the same pump. The front sounds like it's grinding a bit guessing the front one is starting to go? Also found out the bilge pump wasn't secured down to its mount and the auto pump wasn't working so fixed both of those. Wow there's alot of plumbing involved with both live wells and bilge pumps. Even found the live well light and hooked that back up.

Appreciate all the tips really helped!