• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Splenic Tumors

DRH1175

My Golden was just diagnosed with this today. My Vet said that in most cases it is localized and benign so surgury will be an option we are waiting on the blood work to come back. But if it has spread or cancerous than it may not be and option. Anyone experience this and what was the outcome? He said it is very comon in older dogs but esspecially in Goldens.

Here's wishing you and the pup luck DRH! I hope it comes back as benign and all comes out for the better. I've never dealt with this type of Tumor. It is always agonizing waiting for blood work results to come back... Keep us informed!

Good Luck!

Ken

Blood work came back good. No elevated #s representing cancer so It may be benign. Apparently they are quite common in Goldens along with other large dogs. Vet said he is a good canidate for surgury we have that scheduled for tomorrow, Wed. We have been warned though, that once they open him up they will find the real story. It could be one mass easily removed or one that has already spread and un operative. Along with the chance that he could bleed out and pass on the table. We are suppose to say our good byes before surgury just in case. Wow Tonight is going to be tough as it could be my last night with him. Not sure how I would get through tomorrow night without him. He has touched our lives in an unbelieveable way. Wish us luck tomorrow!

Good Luck DRH!!! Give the ol' feller a good tussle on the head for me! I wish you and your pal the best of luck and a speedy recover!!!

Let us know how he comes through.

Good Luck!

Ken

Thanks,

I slept on the floor with him last night and said my good byes just in case. That is hard. My wife just dropped him off. Man do I have butterflys in my stomache today. Thanks to all this will be a rough day for me. Your support is so much appreciated. Thanks again!

Well it is a sad sad day in my world. The surgury went as well as could be expected. But bad news it was a big tumor, which they removed it is cancerous. Bad news, but atleast we are prepared and can enjoy are limited time left at home! He was doing good last night. We visited after work. He looked good. The Vet wanted to keep him overnight to continue his IV. The Doc called at 10:30 last night wanted to let us know our boy is doing well. We are scheduled to pick him up at 10am Thurs. Than the bad news hits at 9:30 the Dr calls and said you guys better get here quick He is going into shock. 10 minutes later, before we have time to get there. Our Sammy Boy Passes away. The cancer and surg ury were too much for him. The type of cancer he had we belive is one of the most aggressive types dogs can get. It attacks thier organs through the blood vessels. I am sure he would have lasted longer without the surgury. Maybe another month. Maybe a week. Did we make the wrong choice trying to do the very best for him. Him and his sister Gracie both Goldens are our children. They sleep in our bed and snuggle. Now only Gracie. She too is as sad as us. We figured he would be home in his bed tonight. Now he is gone, Gone forever.

The vet said he was highly doped on pain meds so he felt no pain. He went from looking great to a pale white in a matter of minutes. His heart was rather distressed. Before he passed the Vet said his heart started to skip beats, very irregular then it just quit. Nothing he could do for him. Wow 2 days ago he was rolling around in the yard having a good old time. Now he is gone.

So sorry to hear of your pals passing... sounds like you did what you could for him and you need to find solace in that... Keep the good memories of him in your heart and he will never truly leave your side!

Good Luck!

Ken