• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some General Conditions Report

Fishing Conditions in Colorado seem to be improving a little bit.

Front Range lakes and Res. water temps are slowly rising and fishing is improving for LMB, SMB, Walleye and Trout. Local ponds and lakes throughout the Denver Metro area are seeing some good quality Bass catches right now, while some of the larger Res. are just starting to see improving action for Walleye and SMB. Walleye are in post spawn patterns right now, while Bass spawning is still a month away. Average water temps on Chatfield, Cherry Creek, Aurora Res in the low to mid 50 degree range. While Pueblo Res. approaching high 50 degree range in backs of creek arms. Horsetooth Res. ,in Ft. Collins, is still in the mid to upper 40 degree range, with some deep water SMB action being reported. Note: A 13lb Walleye was caught in Martin Lake, Walsenburg, CO Lathrop State Park, about 2 weeks ago, as reported by the DOW fishing reports page.

Currently it is snowing where I am at right now in Castle Rock, seems to be a pattern each week about this time with cold front conditions making the bite a bit tough on the weekends.

Things will improve I'm sure.

Jeff

Jeffrey,

I am making a trip to the Nederland area in mid August to get married. Are there any fishing opportunities in that general area at that time of the year? I don't care what kind of fishing or species of fish. I just want to catch some fish while out there.

Dillon,

Congrats on getting married. I actually deer hunt near that area so I'm pretty familar. Barker Res. is just east of Nederland and can provide some decent action on Rainbow Trout and Browns as well. Boulder Creek runs east from Barker into the town of Boulder, and can give you some pretty fair action on Trout, especially if you fly fish. There's good national forest access to several other lakes and streams just north of town near Ward, CO. and south of town to Rollinsville and head west up the mountain,past Moffit Tunnel, can give you some more choices for Trout fishing on lakes. If you have a good map, you should not have any trouble finding these places.

Let me know if I can help you out some more.

Jeff