• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How much foam should be in a boat?

I was curious if there is a formula or a general rule as to how much foam as far as a "minimum" goes is "needed" to keep my boat afloat in case of an emergency, since I'm making changes to my boat and removing and adding some foam at the same time. I'm sure this could turn into a huge debate, because there is so many different opinions on the internet to do with this subject it's not even funny and so I came to my reliable source of info here on FM.

The rule of thumb we always go by at the shop when we do mods, is for every cubic foot you take out, you need to put it back in somewhere else. That's the bare minimum, if you start adding extra accessories that will add to the weight of the boat, then you should add more than this to be on the safe side. You can never add too much.