• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wot!...More Snow!

just when things were lookin good another weekend of misery forecast....arrrgh!...... tired of the white stuff!....well I did get out and walked the wooded trails after work yesterday and saw more "insectia" even a couple bumblebees...of course there was more mourning cloaks that were flitting through the popple trees.....I have and did notice a pattern with these mourning cloak butterflies...they all seem to light or land on the sunny side of the trees which usually seem to be large popples...spread there wings and absorb the weak sun on their dark bodies....just neat to see this!...just noticing things that I would have passed up 40 years ago!...one never stops learning about nature for sure!...also found 3 ruffed grouse drumming logs (spooked one) kicked myself for not being ready as it flushed right in front of me!... grin.gif...also no woodticks yet....will be out shortly no doubt....

Frame_P1010769-2.JPG

spotted this muskrat enjoying the sunny day on a local lake.... the ice has a ways to go yet before we see open water

Frame_P1010761-1.JPG

Frame_P1010762-1.JPG