• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Relay for Life

Hi Everyone,

I hope you dont mind this has nothing to do with fishing (sorry) BUT I have to tell ya what I did this weekend from Saturday afternoon till 5 AM Sunday morning! I have never done anything like this before but I had so much fun I'm telling everyone! My friend from work talked me into doing a Relay for Life all night walk, (kinda lazy so wasnt really interested at first)I had the best time and felt really good about doing this. They had entertainment all night, a DJ till about 2am, I got out of going to work, belly dancers, cutest little girls doing some kind of Irish dancing, I brought my 42 cup coffee maker. Gotta tell ya, if you EVER get a chance to do this, you wont regret it. Heck you wont even mind asking for money the next time! Anyhow I have pictures I'm going to post them in the photo sharing forum if you interested.

Well, Mrs. Tom will just have to join you. My husband was going to go but babysitter couldnt make it. I know he will go next time. I would have brought the boys but their patience would have gone by midnight. I cant wait to do it again. I posted pictures under photography and photosharing and the thread is show us your pictures of people.

Way to go DeeDee. I have been pretty involved with a Relay team here in the cities for several years now. You are right about how much fun you can have in the middle of the night, AND about how good you feel for having done so much to help fight an awfull disease.

DeeDee, congrats. cancer is something thats really affected my family the last 8 years and i donate as much as i can to the cancer society. BUT an all nite outing i dont think i could stay awake all nite anymore, not even eating the coffee beans. again great accompishment!

Good for you DeeDee, my family does the Relay for Life in Eagan MN. There are some very emotional stories told and the lighting of the luminaries is somthing to see.

Sifty