• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

a few bird images(pics

jonny_redhorse

just a few quick images from yesterday.....I came across a brown creeper...neat little bird for sure!...kinda like a nuthatch but goes from the base of the tree spiraling upwards as it feeds.... grin.gif

Frame_P1010614-2copy.jpg

"downy"

Frame_P1010649-1copy.jpg

gull of some sort

Frame_DSCN1186-1copy.jpg

redwinger!

Frame_P1010624-1copy.jpg

I have been trying to find a brown creeper for ages with no luck! I'm jealous! Great picture of it too. I am going to say ring billed gull, but don't take my word for it. Gulls can be way to confusing, not only are there a million different types, but it seems like they all have 3 or more patterns that they molt through before settling on there adult plumage.....lol

Lol!...thanks Jay!...I spent yesterday morning at Carey lake(I spend a lot of time on the trails there each year)...spotted 2 brown creepers close to that low area just before the old dupont building by the turn around...I've seen a couple on the ski trails last year also ...yuppers I think the gull is a ring billed ......took the image at the hospital pond(digiscoped) grin.gif

here's an image of a brown creeper showing the amazing camouflage capabilities of this little bird.....it's there,just gotta spot it grin.gif

Frame_P1010613copy.jpg

I guess I need to spend a little more time at Carey lake, after all it is closer then Zim and Meadowlands. Is the lake open yet? You really need to look for the creeper in that picture. Maybe I have just walked right past them and didn't even know it.

I spend "alot" of time on those ski trails Jay....there's miles of them ...spot a ton of differnt species of birds along those trails and I also look forward to my macro photography for the "flora" aspect of of my photography(pink lady slippers on the ski trails)...Last spring there was some greater and lesser yellowlegs patrolling the swim beach probably just resting on their long flight to northern canada and their nesting grounds...also spotted migrating artic terns by the dock on the far side of Carey and some laughing gulls(have the black heads)....Wednesday I spooked a couple hooded merganzers and a blue heron close to the shore(the ice has melted in a couple spots about 10' from shore...Carey Lake should really be designated a nature preserve or wildlife sanctuary....maybe it will someday...I'll be there tomorrow most of the morning.... grin.gif