• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

downrigger mounting on skeeter

knoppers

I have a new wx1880 skeeter, and woundering if anyone knows where to mount a downrigger on this boat? there is very little room for mounts on the backside of this boat, anyone that has one mounted or has mounted them on this boat, please give the best location, thanks.

You have 2 options.. Use a mounting board across the back of the boat mounted to the side rails OR using a piece of aluminum bent at 90 degrees bolted into the fiberglass with a backer you can mount the downriggers without any intrusion on the inside of the back of the boat.

Great boat!

I have the ZX 2050 Skeeter and have it set up with Scottys ProPack electrics. The gunwales are not flat so I took the mounts and used stainless washers and bolts to build up the out side edge too make the mounts level. they work great. I used big heavy washers on the underside in the gunwale as well for extra strength. I take a trip to lake Michigan every year and use them on the gitch 3-4 times a year and other lakes as well and so far even the 10-12 pound weights have no effect on this mounting. She's in getting a custom cover in Ramsey right now and I'll e-mail you some pix when I get her back.

I have the WX1880 as well and between the full length hand rail and the gas tank fill tops it was tough...I have the add on full length livewell in mine (makes for more back deck space as well) and I took some of the track system and mounted it to the top of the add on well/deck extension..I was able to glue a piece of wood for reinforcement on the inside as well..Works good so far and is stable..I wasn't crazy about drilling holes in the gunnel anyway so this works well and doesn't interfere with any of the lids or anything either..I could shoot you a pic if you are interested in seeing how mine work...