• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cooling fan problem

LOGDOG

2003 Artic Cat 400. Cooling fan does not come on. Fan works when powered directly. Idicator light comes on when I remove connector to engine sensor plug and jumped across connector with wire. I put a new diode in and jumped across connector (indicator light came on) and the fan does not run. Any ideas? I checked for broken wires, found none. Am I missing something here?

Has to be the sensor, right?

I had a Polaris do the same, but the sensor and the fan siezed up because it never heated up enough to run. I bought it used and the guy used it in the water or snow alot apparently, but never rode it far enough to let it heat up.

Fuse is ok, thanks for the input. I'm not sure if bypassing the sensor should activate the fan or not? And you are correct the fan is not getting any power, thus the problem.