• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Petsafe Wireless Fence

SnoManX

Has anyone tried the Petsafe wireless fence they sell at Cabela's? My two yr old lab thinks she knows everything now and has decide to make the whole township her playground...not cool! I would put in the underground fencing but I plan to move in the next year or so and would rather not pay for it twice. Thanks!

The wire for the underground fence isnt to expensive so when u did move u would only have to buy wire. Quite a bit of wire come on those spools, I think i had bout half left. So you could maybe do it twice on the same spool.

snowman I just got one a few weeks ago after I saw what it did for my nieghbor. It is the best $$ you will ever spend on your dog. Our dog was the same and in about a day he knows the boundrys and WONT go over them. Very effective, I was hesitant to spend that much but the peace of mind is worth every penny. check out the customer reviews for it on cabelas HSOforum. a real cool feature is how you can take it with you up north to cabin/camping etc.

I also swear by them. I bought the Sport Dog fence which is made by Pet Safe. It was very easy to install. The system I used came with 500'. But if that is not enough or if you are moving you can get the wire at any hardware store. Just make sure to get the better gauge that supports the RF. I think I bought my extra wire at Fleet Farm for $20. I used my Gas edger and was slick to put in. Just make sure to do it before summer because if the soil is to dry it will not mend together very easy. Took only 1.5 to 2 weeks to condition my dogs to it.

chad

Cowboy, thanks for the response. I did read the reviews on Cabela's last night and everyone seemed to love it but I respect the advice on here more and wanted to hear what the other FMers had to say. The mobility of it was also what swayed my decision to the wireless and will give me the peace of mind when I have my parents or neighbors babysit her. I picked one up at Scheels today. Thanks!!

Sno, I just bought one a few weeks ago as well. Best money I have ever spent. I didn't even have to train my dog to it. I already have him trained on the electronic coller, so he already knew that "shock" meant no. Works sweet!

Doesn't petsafe also make a wireless one? It has a home base and you set the perimeter, then the dog would get a continuous shock until it came back into the home territory. I know training is a big part, but if the dog would bolt through the boundary of the wire, it would get a shock coming home. You still train the dog with the flags but there is no wire to bury. I'm not sure on the price difference, but I didn't thing it was too bad....something to look at.