• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Over-sexed Robins???

Swimstein

For the past two weeks, we have had one or more Robins attacking their images in our windows, including car windows. About every window in the house seems to have marks where their wings have beat against the windows. I have lived in four states with Robins around and have never seen this happen. I am assuming that one or more males is/are trying to chase other males away.

Anyone know what gives?

Your right, a male has claimed your yard as his territory and is trying to chase the other male away. Too bad he doesn't realize that other male is himself, this is a pretty common behavior among robins.

I've had this happen with cardinals before too. They will just keep fighting that window for an hour at a time days on end! I've always wondered what to do to get them to stop. Feel sorry for them.

We have one of those robins in our yard now. Has been around for about 5 days. Sure can make a mess on the windows. Has his three favorites at our house and visits 3 neighbors houses. sure can get annoying. the other morning it was over an hour straight on one window. would chase him away and right back he would come.