• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Woodticks - no photos.

How do you northerners protect yourself from ticks? Of course, we all get them no matter where you live but I think the north country has the largest numbers. I realize there are different sprays and have read where people soak their clothing in different chemicals. This would work good for people out shrooming, but wouldn't the scent of these chemicals also keep the wildlife at bay? What methods really work?

Mike, might as well dope up with bug goop. Whether we stink like a human or like a human with bug spray added, animals are going to smell us easily if the wind is right.

Insect repellent has worked for me, though it doesn't seem as effective against ticks as against flies and mosquitoes.

Yuppers,the woodtick season is just about here....blood sucking little demons from "you know where" that they are! cry.gif...I had 2 deer ticks stuck on me last year and one I had to get checked at the clinic for lymes disease(which I didn't have thank god)....this year, I'm wrapping my ankles with tape so they can't crawl up the inside of my pant legs...also the "bug dope" thing for sure!...most important is that when I get back from the field is to have a change of clothes in the garage and change in there first...strip down and check ones self "thoroughly" before entering your home....and "still" a few get by...go figure! grin.gif