• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing that funny stuff that looks like Rice Krispies

LuckyFish

Yup went to lake Washington today, so I figured I would put that funny looking Bio-Bait stuff to the test. The way I looked at it the Bio-Bait was going to be a back up for me in case I forgot the waxies. That is if it could pass the test. Well I had two holes so Bio-Bait gets the left hole for a 1/2 hr and waxies the right, then switch every half hour.
Results: Bio-Bait withstood the test I caught about 1/2 my fish on Bio-Bait, it didn't matter which hole. I caught about 45 sunnies, the biggest 9" was caught on Bio-Bait, but it was an even split or as close as you can divide 45 in half smile.gif Crappies were a different story all but one came on minnows the other on Bio-Bait. I did this test the last hour I fished (after the sunnie test). Only 6 fish were caught during this test all 9 to 10". Here the minnows caught the bigger ones, but it was nice to know I could get crappies on Bio-Bait. During both tests I only used the small Bio-Bait packet. Looking back maybe I should have used the large packet for the crappie test. Oh well there is always tomorrow. I did get one walleye to the ice during the crappie test but she broke off the 1lb line I was using right at the hole.
Sorry Dave the walleye came on a minnow.
Summery: This stuff really works and I will get more. A backup for now but who knows this old live bait guy may switch to all Bio-Bait one day.............Nah. grin.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

Thanks for the great report!
I figure Bio-Bait will never replace live bait in my boat either!
But... it is sure good to have a bit of this stuff tucked away for the day when I do run out of live bait! Not good to be out of bait!
Bio-Bait also allows me to fish with "crayfish"... which I can not do in MN! I love that.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family