• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spraingadores?

Ron Burgundy

In the real world it is called a Mutt, dog people seem to think they are changing that by puting two names together. A Mutt by any other name is still a Mutt. I've hunted with a mutt with that type of breeding. He had a lot more go than most labs and never got fat like labs do. Found a lot of birds us. His joints seemed to slow him quite a bit as he aged. Not sure if it was because he was a Mutt or something else.

CW

I realize it is a mutt, but it is easier than saying a springer-lab mutt. It's not like when people cross two tiny,dust mop dogs and combine the names and still charge lots of $$ for them. This is a dog that hopefully can hunt with you. This dog could have a purpose. And these are free.

One of the first dogs ai hunted behind ws a Springador. He was a little dynamo. Looked almost identical to a black lab except grew to about 40 lbs and had a white blaze on his chest. Worked much like a springer in his quartering. Nice temperment... very friendly, maybe a little more hyper than my labs, but not bad at all, nothing I couldn't live with.

If they're free, why not? I guess I would make sure that they have some hunting stock in them if you plan to hunt them. Other than that, would do you have t lose?

Good Luck!

Ken

I have no exp with a springadore, but I do with a brittadore(I've never said or written that word, sounds kind of corny). My first britt hooked up with my buddies black lab and she got pregnant. I was crushed. Anyways, when the pups were born my friend kept a pup and we gave the rest away. Very good looking dogs with terrific temperment. He hunted the dog and it did fairly well, but not as well as either of the parents. I would say give it a try, like Ken said, for free what do you have to lose.

Springadore? WTH.

I own a chocolate lab, springer mutt. The mom is the lab in the mix. She was an expensive dog with field trial lineage bought to be an all-around hunt and home dog. She was a hyper tennis ball retrieving machine for the half hour I saw her. The pop was a very friendly springer that always rode around in the front seat of his owners truck.

My male mutt is currently 92 lbs, and basically looks like a tall chocolate lab. His demeanor is calm around home, and full blast in the field. Very trainable, excellent instincts.

Just don't call him a springadore!