• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Balancing act help needed !

I am putting together a 72 crestliner deep V boat and cant decide if I should put a livewell up front or not to help keep the front end down when at full tilt I have a 40HP evinrude big twin motor on the back and I will have my battery in the back for the big motor and I will be putting on a bow mount minnkota and will keep that battery in front and will also have pedastal seat up in the bow and have anchor stored up there also and maybe some tackle. Just give me your honest opinions and that will help me the most and better yet guys that have had first hand screw ups with this issue. Thanks

Marine man is on the right track by asking if you've had it in the water yet to see how it balances.

Having said that, I had a similar Crestliner with a 35 Johnson Sea Horse. That was a good boat and a great motor. None the less, I ended up putting a live well up front to get the bow down like you are talking about.

I'd get it in the water and see how it is, if you already haven't, before I started doing any work on it. That's just me, tho.

Marine man no I havent I would like to get my boat done so once the lakes open I can start fishing just seeing if anyone has heard or witnessed my issue cause in my old tiny 14' lund I use to have it came way up in the front end with a 5 horse and all I had in front was the anchor and some gear another reason I'm wondering about this is because I havent decided if I want to put a livewell in the boat yet since the rules of transporting water have changed and at the end of the day you end up putting your fish on ice.

I can understand the desire to be able to hit open water and not do any more work.

With that said though, I'd water test the boat first to see what really is going on and to make sure you're not going to make things worse.

If you go this route, maybe bring a cooler or other container that's about the size of the livewell you're thinking about adding in the approximate area you're going to add it and see how it works when it's full of water. That'll give you a feel for what it's going to do prior to putting all the work into adding it.

Good luck!

marine_man

I got in the habit of always putting a fuel tank in the front,its there in my 16' crestliner and helps,I also have it in front in my 14' with 7.5 or 15 hp motor.I fish alot alone and that tank in front helps keep the front down,and with another person not much difference,It does'nt plow through the water either.

In the boat I'm now redoing I'm in doubt weather or not a livewell is worth it.

If you can't check it on the water first as some of the guys suggested, I'd lean toward putting it in the front 1/2 of the boat first, the back 1/4 of the boat last. I'd be worried about holeshot and cruising speeds with more weight in the back of that boat. Good luck.

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!! yes I'm really starting to lean towards the cooler thing for sure I have a buddy that has a 18"Lund and he also cut his middle seat out and made it a flat floor area I was also going to do this but I was told it would make my boat flex alot when taking on a big wave [PoorWordUsage] is what I think we were in his last year on a really windy day and had no problems but he left the side of each seat existing and has storage under each seat.