• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shocks on Honda Accord

If the strut fork to lower control arm bolts come out of the front and the bolts come out of the bushings in the rear than they can be removed by yourself and then the springs can be swapped at a shop or machine shop for a nominal fee. If these bolts do not come out (they can freeze inside of the bushings) you will be SOL as a do it yourselfer, and likely you will get a call back from the shop with some extra labor and parts.

What is wrong with the the shock are they leaking?

Have never replaced a rear shock on this year class accord and very few struts. Many a broken front springs.

Did someone recommend you have these done?

There doesn't seem to be anything obvious wrong with the vehicle. It does seem to float down the road and handles like [PoorWordUsage]. I just figured with 160,000 miles, it was time to start putting some TLC into her. Would I be better off spending money on a more worthwhile component like the timing belt???

Thanks

The timing belts are recommended at 90,000 mile intervals, so if you haven't had it done that would be a good idea.

Does it make any odd noises going over bumps? I have seen sway bar links fail and that can give you a odd sensation. I'm not sure what you mean by floating down the road.

How are the tires? Any abnormal wear? Could be worn tie rod ends, ball joints lower or upper on the front. Improper alignment. Broken front coil springs.

You can feel the upper springs to see if they are broken they usually break towards the bottom.

My 90 Accord makes "squishy" noises when it's cold out and going over depressions in the street. I just noticed a harsher noise from my front right wheel on sharp bumps too. Almost a snap sound.

Originally Posted By: chasineyes
There doesn't seem to be anything obvious wrong with the vehicle. It does seem to float down the road and handles like [PoorWordUsage].

What is the tire pressure at?

Timing belt would be tops on my list. If it doesn't run the rest doesn't matter!