• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

90 johnson water pump replace

loejay

It's pretty straightforward - do a search in this forum or the equipment forum from last year and you'll find all kinds of information.

I would put the shifter in forward, take all the bolts out and drop it down. Bend the fins on the new water pump impeller the same direction as they were on the old one, and take your time doing it. It's not difficult, just kind of putzy.

marine_man

One thing you will probably have to do, though, is take off the lower portions of the engine surround. you will need to access a bolt/pin that goes through the shift rod. If you forget to remove this pin, the lower unit will only drop about an inch.

Definitely a putzy job, but once the lower unit is off, it goes pretty quick.

Steve

Thanks for the imput guys. I got it installed yesterday. I think it went well. A little strugle getting shift pin and clamp back together but mostly went good.

Great forum here!!! Thanks again.

Bob Nicholson

Black Hawk SD

Akaska SD