• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walkin' the back 40...

Took the dogs for a little walk after work this afternoon.

Caught some movement out of the corner of my eye, and saw this fella back in the brush about 40 feet. My dogs knew it was around, but couldn't figure out where it was. I snapped a couple and then went to kneel down to get a different angle and I spooked him.

BR2.jpg

ISO 400 f10 1/500 manual focus

And, please indulge me one more nuthatch shot. Steve told me about a secret birdcall (thanks, good buddy!) that he uses, and I tried a version of it in a bit of a balsam thicket. The chickadees and nuthatches came sailing outta there like they were going to take my hat off! This one landed for several seconds, surrounded by shade but with just a bit of sunlight catching his head. The magic blend helped a bit here, along with a little playing with shadows/highlights:

BR1.jpg

ISO 800 f7.1 1/320

Both with a Canon 40D and 100-400 mm

Ken, those darn dogs. You don't want them with you when you're out with the camera, but you don't want to have to put up with their looks and moods if you leave them behind, either. grin.gif

Nice shots, man.

Looks like Mr./Mrs. Hare is aware of the changing season. grin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:
You don't want them with you when you're out with the camera, but you don't want to have to put up with their looks and moods if you leave them behind, either.

Just like a woman! grin.gifgrin.gif

I seen this come up on the side bar and I thought it was a post of mine from last fall. I seen the quality of the images and found out quick grin.gif.

As always, nice images Finnbay...

I do love this forum and do not say it enough. I lurk and learn..

Someday \:\)

Originally Posted By: finnbay
 Quote:
You don't want them with you when you're out with the camera, but you don't want to have to put up with their looks and moods if you leave them behind, either.

Just like a woman! grin.gifgrin.gif

HEY!!!.........yeah you might be right. blush.gif