• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Potatos

bottomdweller

Last year my potatos produced good, but they were all chewed on by something. Deep crevices. Any clues to who the varmints are? Mice maybe? What kind of action needs to be taken?

Thanks. The rest of my garden was not touched by anything.

My dad used to have a problem with moles getting at his potatos. Now he puts rat/mouse poison inside a 30in piece of 3-4in diameter pvc pipe around the garden. It's inside the pipe so other critters dont eat it and get sick... He's in a constant battle with the deer, rabbits, woodchucks, moles, birds, inscects, etc...

I prefer the grocery store...

Im thinking it cannot be from to much rain, we were in a drought last summer in this part of wisconsin. The crevices run halfway through the potato. As wide as a finger. Ive never seen moles and the yard is not spongy any other thoughts, maybe I will try the pvc plan.

Thanks