• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Public Archery Antelope Hunt

I've had pretty good luck in NW South Dakota on private and walk-in land. The walk-in program is the best way to find public accessible land. SD publishes a book with all the available walk-in land sometime in the summer and the tags are unlimited for archery. And if worse comes to worse most people will let you on for archery antelope. I've even had ranchers laugh at me when I told them I wanted to try antelope with a bow. Good Luck.

Eastern Montana also has lots of public and BLM land open to public hunting. I have hunted around Milles City a couple times with a rifle and saw plenty of goats.

Stay away from Colorado. Where the antelope rome is a

mixture of public and private land. Wildlife cops in

Colorado are very hard on hunters for any mistake.

Wander by accident on private property when hunting

and it will cost you big money and loss of license.

I never hunt anywhere close to private property

to make sure of no mistake. I believe in protecting private property but Colorado goes way over board in my opinion and the antelope areas all have a mixture of private property.

99% of the Elk run on to private property at the sound of the first shot.