• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hi guys an gals!

I was out a couple weeks ago to Webster area to fish and had a blast. We caught some nice eyes, white bass, crappies, sunfish, and jumbos. It was a great couple days.

My curiosity was stricken though. Does anybody know anything about Rush Lake, just east of Webster? It looks like a huge body of water and you never seen anybody out there. There has to be something in there. I was talking to someone @ the Sportsman Cove and they told me that one of the huge walleyes they have on the wall came from Rush. A guy caught it casting a dare devil for pike.

I was just curious to see if anyone knows anything about this big water? Thanks and good luck fishing.

Avid

That lake has mostly northerns. Some guys like to spear there. All the years I've lived here I think I've seen 1-2 boats out there. There is a small population of perch and walleyes but odds of catching them are fairly slim. The big one you talk about was basically a freak occurance. The reason some of walleyes and perch, carp et are in there is because all the lakes are connected somehow with channels etc. Pickeral, Enemy, bluedog etc are all interconnected with channels somehow and during high water fish can navigate. But i was told the population is pretty small for most game fish but decent for northerns.

Thanks Verg!

If there is any kind of forage base in this water. I bet there is some huge pike and some big walleyes. If a guy knew some structure on the lake, you would have the system to yourself. It will take some exploring with a boat, but you never know what you will find. If there is some game fish in there, all it takes is a good spawn year and you could have a viable fish population. Does the DNR survey it? I suppose not. If they would, they would have published the info.

Anyways, those were just a few of my thoughts. Happy fishing!

Avid

I could be wrong on those facts as well..just kind of going on what is common knowledge around here. I do know about 5 years ago a 29lb pike came out of it ice fishing. I have also heard of a few locals that know how and where to catch some king sized perch. But that has always been kept very very quiet. Overall, I don't think there is a huge population of game fish.

good luck!

I haven't been out there in a few years, but we used to catch quite a few northerns on tip-ups in a couple locations on Rush Lake. Nothing huge, but some decent fish. I'm sure they're still in there...and I have seen some spearing houses out there...

I've also caught some perch in there, but not with any size to 'em...

I spoke with the local DNR and he said that the lake is really shallow and you would be lucky to find ten feet of water out there. He did say that there should be quite a few pike out there and some nice ones as well. He did say that there is some walleye in there, but the populations would more than likely be low, but trophy walleye exist.

It sounds like it might be something to scope out with a boat sometime and see what happens.

Avid

We've run tip-ups for Pike there a few times with success. Nothing too large,but nice eating size. I've seen a good amount of spearing activity going on. The culverts along Hwy 12 open up earlier than other parts of the lake and people are often seen casting to the open water area. I never stopped to see whether they were catching anything but they keep coming back...