• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shortcuts for gardening

eurolarva

I hope some of you experienced gardeners can share some ideas before the planting season hits. Here are a couple of mine.

If you have ever tried to plant radish, carrots or onions from seed you know how hard it is to get one seed in the hole. What works really well is to buy real cheap dixie bathroom cups and while sitting or inside put one seed in each cup then stack them for when you go out and do the planting. My eyes are not what they used to be and doing this while sitting at a table is a lot easier then doing it croutched over a garden.

The same cups mentioned above can be placed around the base of small seedling tomatoes outside to prevent cutworms from destroying all of you tomatoes once you get them in the garden.