• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some more "studio" shots

Just messing around with the new macro and some lighting set ups. I still have some work to do as I'm not crazy about the harsh shadow but I really like how the flower came out.

My favorite

031308_4288copy.jpg

031308_4279copy.jpg

Dan, I haven't worked on them in color, mostly because I've been working on my photo club's monthly project which is black and white. I've been trying things that aren't typically black and white. Honestly with the gray background they were shot with I think they're better as b&w although selective color would be nice. I'll have to try that!

MM, these are nice images.

You might also try a MUCH closer look. Getting just the edges of a few of the petals in B&W may have more impact. In fact, if you get REALLY close and shoot at f2.8, you might get a very compelling statement of tone rather than color, and with only a single edge of a single petal in focus.

Brave new world.