• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mercury outboard service needed - need advice on repair shop

computerboy

I need to get the lower unit re-sealed on my Merc Optimax and was wondering if you guys could recommend a decent shop that does quality work at a fair price. I'd prefer somewhere in the metro area. My rig is currently stored up in Princeton so a service shop around that area would work too.

Thanks in advance!

Cabelas in Rogers does a great job. I know those guys as I live less than a mile from there. Brought my 175 opti up there last week to put plugs, filters in it and run diagonostic to check codes as I bought an 07 demo and wanted to make sure all was well. They also put new seals on my lower unit screws as I did not have them last fall when I changed the lower unit fluid. Great service and had it back in a week. Would have been sooner but they had to order one filter. Kept it inside all week.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for new plugs, filters, and diag? I'm due for that myself so I'd like to get an idea of what I'll be paying. You can send me a PM if you don't want the Yamaha boys to know what us Merc boys spend on repairs and maintenance. \:\)

Dimmerman's in Forest Lake has always done good work at reasonable prices. They are straight shooters and have helped me a couple of times by giving me the advice and then the parts so I could do it myself.