• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone willing to sell training DVDs or books?

beretta

Hey guys, I am looking for some new training material to watch or read and in looking around, most of them are pretty spendy....i know i know whats $40 when you have a $400 dollar dog and all the food, vet bills ect ect but I figure anymoney I can save is money made!

So I was just wondering if anyone had any DVDs or books they are willing to sell. Preferably any of the Smartworks series by Even Graham, the Fowl Dogs series, Farmer/Aycock or Mike Lardy (sp) series.....or anything else for that matter. If no one is willing to sell, I will just buy them new, but I thought what the heck, who knows! Thanks!

i've got pointers, versatile breed. so most of my stuff is geared for that. i'll dig though my stuff and see what i can come

up with. don't have anything geared for retrievers though. might take a couple days. take a look at that dog trainer that is on the learning channel or discovery that works with troubled dogs. his name is ceaser something, can't remember name of show.

he's really good with dog obedience and is worth a look for anyone that trains hunting dogs.

If your looking for a good training book for hunting goods, especially Labs, I would recommend Game Dog, by Richard A. Wolters. This is the book that I used to train my dog, the book costs about $20 you can find it on Amazon.com. I found the book really easy to follow it also gives some nice pointers for picking a pup out of a litter for future reference. There is also a DVD that goes along with this book but I'm not sure how much it costs, I found that the book was easy enough to follow.