• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twin Springs Campground - Menominee, WI

Ebiz

Has anyone ever stayed here? We have an annual "camping trip" at a place where they can bring their camper that has electric & water hook-ups(I know we've already debated the "what is camping" deal here \:\) ) with my wife, brother-in-law, and in-laws every year over the 4th of July. They live in Milwaukee so we try to meet somewhere in the middle.

I've always thought the Red Cedar River area around Menonimee looked like a nice area along with some decent fishing and I think this Twin Springs place looks good - However they don't have a web site or any pictures online and their brochure is a black and white printout that doesn't really show any details.

If anyone has been there I'd love to hear your thoughts on the overall experience. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the offer, that's why I love this site.

I actually wound up driving over there a few weeks ago, it's run by a real nice old couple who haven't and probably will never get a web site up and running grin.gif

Seems like a good place, we wound up reserving our spot already. It's located north of 94, just a couple miles NE of the Walmart but seems to be in a fairly non builtup location. They're up the river where it narrows as opposed to the larger lake like area south of 94.

Now for the important question, what would be the best way to target walleyes on the Red Cedar river this time of year? I've never fished there before. With the new WI regs on minnows I'm ruling that out and since it will be July I'm thinking leeches and crawlers anyways. Does anyone have any tips on general locations/depths?

Will you guys be fishing out of a boat/canoe or from shore? BTW - the minnow regs have changed. Don't quote me but basically if you don't change the water in your minnow bucket you can take unused minnows with you off the body of water you are fishing. Not a big deal because once July rolls around I'd pick leeches and crawlers over minnows anyways.

Also, no guarantees, but you could post in the WI forum - not a lot of regulars from the Menomonie area that I am aware of but it can't hurt to try. Later.

I just looked at my Gazetteer and found Twin Springs...depending on the depth of the river, looks like you could fish from Menomin all the way up to the dam on Tainter.

FYI - if you didn't know, the river above Tainter and below Menomin is class A smallmouth water - very scenic as well.