• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

H20c Question

Cody Lubeley

I don't beleive so. The waypoints stay on the system...

Has anyone had any issues with "man overboard" - i left the gps on in my ice armor while setting up.

I am not sure what happened and really didn't look into it but for the rest of the trip it told me where this man was overboard and gave me the distance to him...

tisosy11,

I have a Lowrance Hunt, I think it is basically the same thing. The "Man overboard" feature is activated when you press "zout" and "zin" at the same time. It's supposed to be a quick way to mark a spot, without having to go into your waypoints, and save it under a name. Just delete it like you would any other waypoint. I would guess, on your way to your destination you accidently pressed both of the zoom buttons. And as you kept driving it kept telling you how far away you were from it.

Yes. If you press the zoom in and out at the same time it will make a man overboard icon. It is quite irritating. I had to delete 30 of them on day because the buttons accidentially got pressed in my coat. I wish it could be turned off. So far I have not found a way.

Funny hitting enter twice creates a way point that you can edit later. If I am in a panic and need a man overboard it is a lot easier to just hit enter twice then hit in and out at the same time. Way points will show up as latitude and longitude so as mentioned you can mark them down if you are worried about loosing them. Then after the new chip is installed put your GPS on those long and lat lines and re set the waypoint. I find it a lot easier to use these with google earth. My H20 does not have road maps so using Google earth shows me the roads and access to the lakes a lot better and using the lat and long from my GPS makes it a lot easier to find on google earth.