• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Horseshoe up my you-know-what!!!

Scoot

Wyoming elk tag information is available today and I just found out that I drew another elk tag there! I'm super excited!!! It's unbelievably lucky to draw in the unit I did the first time, but to get two in a row is a complete fluke! I'm one of those guys who never wins anything, so I'll consider this makeup for all of the raffle tickets, drawings, etc. I've not hit on in the past. Yeeeeeehhhhaaaaa, I'm excited!

I hope this doesn't come across as gloating, but I'm just really pumped! \:\)

That's awesome... Elk hunting is high up on my list right now. I'm making the first step in getting to the black hills this spring and hopefully will continue to head west in the upcoming years. Congrats on drawing the tag. You should post some pictures from last years hunt...

That's right... I do remember seeing that - You were asking advice on the last picture (which is spectacular btw). Awesome hunt. After reading that post I can see why you're so excited at drawing another tag! Lucky devil. If you don't mind me asking, what's a ballpark figure on the cost of a do-it-yourself hunt such as that including license? I'm very interested...

I did the entire trip last year for just over $2000. This year I'm pretty sure the whole thing will cost me about $1200 or so. To get the go ahead from my wife, I had to send her on a trip to Mexico with a friend of hers. I'll have to use the payment from teaching a class at NDSU or Concordia to pay for my trip and hers, but it'll be well worth it!

Well the horsehoe must be rubbing off... I just checked my SoDak turkey app and we drew as well. We'll now have 3 tags to fill. Check on your applications!

Scoot-

That's very reasonable. Might have to sacrifice a few turkey hunts but it would be worth it. I think Mexico is a pretty fair trade for bugling bulls in the hills!

Thanks Tom, I'm really excited about it. I can't wait.

dukhnt, where'd you get your elk in MN? What'd you shoot it with? If you can swing a trip to the mountains to chase elk, I'd highly recommend it. Outside of the birth of my kids and my wedding day, it was the most incredible experience I've ever had. After last year, I'd like to think I'll be going back many times. However, I'm not exactly independently wealthy + the tags are getting tougher and tougher to come by regarding the draw. So... I'll go while I can and hope for the future. I'll be taking a second job to pay for this trip, but there's no whining there- it'll totally be worth it.

My dad and I were drawn for one of the six elk tags up by Grygla. Shot her with a 7mm. She was close enough for a bow though. 15 minutes before I took her, I had the 7x7 60 yards broadside. With no bull tag, I could only watch. But that was an awesome sight to see. I will never forget it. Good luck to you. To bad fall is such a long ways away.