• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

strikemaster with a chipper blade?

793bob

I have a Strikemaster Mag 2000 with a chipper, single blade.

It cuts holes just fine. The center point, I feel, makes the last inch of the hole cutting easier. Kind of like using a center drill instead of a regular twist drill. It finishes the hole better.

I also really like how it re-cuts holes in the perm house.

I dropped it once and really messed up the pitch. It was sent off to Strikemaster and they adjusted it for me no problem.

I also have a Strikemaster Mag 2000 with a chipper, single blade.

It has never let me down. I love it.

It will cut beautiful holes in a matter of no time.

I agree that the center point is a benefit as far as holding the auger straight and steady like a center point of a drill bit.

Another with the Mag2000. I would highly recommend it. The last 4 or 5 years I haven't drained the gas or started it over summer, and come winter, about 3 or 4 pulls and it is off to the races. It never binds at the bottom of the holes.

I fished with the Xpress this last weekend (I've used them a few times before) and didn't care for it. They have a long warm up time, and tended to stick at the bottom of the ice and bog out. That may be more of a function of the new emissions requirements than the auger itself. There is a way around the emissions that should make it run better.

I recently bought the Lazer and love it. I had trouble with it binding in the hole the first few times out with it. I called Strikemaster and they told me to make sure the blades were tight. I tightened them up and it now runs like a champ. I do agree though that a chippper blade would be better for redrilling holes.

Originally Posted By: Lip_Ripper Guy
Another with the Mag2000.

I fished with the Xpress this last weekend (I've used them a few times before) and didn't care for it. They have a long warm up time

My understanding is that they use the same engines, but they just have different stickers and a different color cover on them. I run a Lazer drill unit on my Mag2000, and I did have an isssue with a bolt stripping out at the end so I couldn't keep one of the blades tight. I happened to have an extra, so it was a quick fix.

Another Mag2000 owner here, and I am very happy with it. Just seems like a good, solid workhorse auger at a great price. Single chipper cuts really good for what I need. Mostr holes I drill in a single trip is only about 15....typically more like 6-8.

I did break off the plastic choke lever earlier this year, but D-Rock fixed it right up for me (still udner warranty).