• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappie Recipes

Does anyone have any good coating recipes or other ways to cook their slabs? I like Don's Chuckwagon Onion Mix, it is a light batter,but any other recipes that anyone wants to share would be great

Good luck to all that go fishing . And may we all be safe this 03-04 ice season, The only good season is when we all return safe and dry.
Tim

I take a large storage bag and mix the following in it:

• half a bag of Shorelunch
  • Lawrys Seasoned Salt
  • black pepper
  • a sprinkle of garlic salt
  • 6 or 7 good shakes of Molly McButter butter flavoring.

Once my oils good and hot I make sure I "season" the pan. Then I throw my fillets in the bag, give it spin, and dirty the fillets up with batter...Drop em' in rib cage down first, 2.5 minutes, flip...2.5 minutes and pull em out.

Give them another light sprinkle of Molly McButter Butter flavor when they're fresh out of the pan, mix up a little Miracle Whip and Ketch-Up sauce, and away I go. smile.gif

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

Mmmmm. All this talk makes me hungry.

I like to use a little Cajun Shorelunch and a little original Shoerlunch. Sometimes a little egg, milk, flour....then the fryin pan. Best meal out there in my opinion. Nothing like going out on the hard water and bringing back a fresh batch of crappie filets for pan smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]

Wow! some intresting recipes so far, Im going nutts now, I gotta get some fresh slabs and get em in the pan.. I say that we try all the recipes posted and vote the best of the year at ice out.

------------------

I'll have to hag my hat on Crappie Scampi.
In the oven, under the broiler or in foil by the camp fire.
Butter
Fresh pressed garlic
Salt/Pepper
A shave or two of fresh Parmesan
10 minutes +/- and enjoy!