• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

question about the lx-5

have any of you guys that have the lx-5 ever use it while fishing from a boat? i'm pretty much sold on the lx-5, only because of the options. the watt versus watt comparison didn't do too much for me. what matters is reliability, ease of operation, low battery draw, accuracy, and options. other flashers reach some of the criteria, they just don't have the options. plus i like the lead lined hat.

No AM - No one here that I know of I maybe Big Johnny Ice dabbled in it and he would be one to talk with. I don't own a boat but from what I have read about MarCum guys taking it to open water you will find no better value than the VX-1 for this application. I am pretty protective of my LX-5 like most here "ice fishing only" and as you mentioned above, reliability is measured dependability over time, the VX-1 so far has proven very reliable plus it has bottom lock built in. Fishing pro store has refurbed units still for $179 if you ask them to throw in a puck for your trolling motor or a hi-speed off the transom that would be a vary nice option for you. No doubt the VX-1 would be the easiest of operations to run, simple and excellent for fishing vertical, at 600 watts peak to peak v.s. the LX-5 at 2,000 peak to peak you'll have plenty of power to get the job done in the boat with the VX-1 and saving juice this unit does...

You can use the search and try to find fishers that have experienced both to see how they rig there's up to do just that and there thoughts. Another would be to call customer service and talk to Jon and Chris and tell them what you want to do and how to do it there the very best.

I can't say enough about the VX-1 it has been one heck of a unit for the price and I ahve fished it for a couple of yearsand there's absolutely no better unit for the price.

Accuracy is one of the things MarCum engineer's take seriously in designing there flashers. I have fished quite a few different makes and models and there units stand above the competion in value, options, ease of operation and accuracy, yes you may have to sacrifice battery draw a bit with a MarCum but once you see what's on the screen you will instantly understand why...

And yes the hats are nice too.

tim, thanks for the great information. i'll hit their HSOforum, and check out the line. i'm sure that the wattage of the lx-5 is needed for all the extras it offers. it's the t-rex of the flashers. i'm so burnt on my flasher. i need to watch a different screen for the next few years.

Originally Posted By: AquaMagnus
i'm so burnt on my flasher. i need to watch a different screen for the next few years.

I'll save you the suspense.... After you see the difference, your going to kick yourself right in the shin for not buying it years ago. The original LX-3's are now 5 years old and the competition never though they'd last this long. confused.gif Gotta love it whistle.gif

Thanks for going with the LX-5 and like I said earlier, "Your in for a big surprise." Try the NBT in the weeds and well, enough said... ;\)grin.gif Best Customer Service in the business!!

Yep all summer and fall.Tyler and i use ours all the time out of a boat.I built a brackett off the side of the boat for it to sit on.Its tough if your vertical jigging because the boat is always moving but if you get it anchored good enough it works great.And yes i said jigging out of the boat,i know it sounds weird but for trout fishing we got it figured out. \:D