• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishtrap fabric replacement

Have any of you folks done a replacement of the fabric top for an older model Fishtrap? I picked up a one man 'Trap for 35.00 this weekend- it is about 3-4 years old. I am debating whether to fix up the old top, or get a newer replacement. I know I can visit USL's HSOforum, or call them to get further info., but I figured maybe someone here has done the replacement thing recently.The wear spot on my 'newest' one are at the corners of the tubing,and at the bottom of the 'skirt'.Some of those wear spots have turned into rips in the fabric. Any repair tips would be a help. Thanks.

I use Sportsman's Goop to fix holes in my Portables. Put a piece of Duct Tape on one side and then apply the glue to the other side. That has always worked well for me on smaller tears. If it is a actually hole then I do the same thing but add a piece of canvas with lots of goop on the back side and stick it to the hole.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

I used one of my kids old back packs. Some of them are made with Cordura or some sort of high abbrasive material, great for patching material. I wore rubber gloves and used a small putty knife to spread a thin layer of eboxy on the patch and just pressed it in place.

I needed some patch material last year so I went to the fishtrap people in Plymouth. They had scraps behind the fromt counter - used some fabric glue from the craft store and all is well.

MN

I had mice chew lots of holes in my clam canvas, I took QUALITY duc tape and applied to both inside and outside (I rounded the corners of the tape first) then i put a towel over the tape and applied a hot clothes iron. Have not had to relace any patches and it's been over 4 years. Now I never store my canvas outside or in the garage anymore, the dead minnows in the clam attracted the mice I think, the canvas comes into the basement now + it gets dried out each time. Hope this helps for a cheap fixup.