• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

another new guy

i'm new to FM. i don't live in new york. i live in n.e. pa.. i put a post in on the penna. forum in hopes of getting some guys to post something. i read the new york topics and get some info on things. i'm not new to ice fishing, i do it for relaxation, and i don't really care if the fish bite or not. i just enjoy the sport, and the quiet. i have most of the toys for ice fishing, and hit the lakes around here when weather, and work permit. i'm heading to lake lorain early. good fishing to all.

thanks for the welcome. i enjoy reading all your posts, especially the joking around posts. i pick up a lot of tips from you guys, just from the posts. i'm glad you guys buy all the new stuff to try out. i wait to see what works for you guys, then i'll buy it. it saves me money. my next thing i'll buy, since reading all your input, is the marcum lx-5. i have an old fl-18, which for its design, works well, and has always been reliable. before that, i had the fl-8.... in our small group of guys we have our own "tip-up timmy" too! he's a great guy too. i guess there's always one!

Welcome Aqua, where about in NE PA are ya located. We are just north of the border and fish PA alot. Tank(my father) grew up in Scranton and has probably walked every inch of trout stream in this corner of the state, twice or more. We also have a camp on the Del near Equinunk...

Dark Cloud. i live at the other end of the coal mine, Wilkes Barre. i don't spend a lot of time here, i travel out of state for months at a time for work. this year i told the boss no more travel for me for awhile. so this year i have been really trying to hit as many different lakes, to get caught up. i enjoy all of your pictures, everyones pictures included. you wind some nice rods! i get a lot of input from your posts, as well as from the other guys. but the pictures tell the true story. i travel light. genz fishtrap II old style, and it's old, sport cat, leds, flasher, nils auger, 3 rods, some brightly painted jigs, food.

Dark Cloud. Have you guys been on Quaker? i haven't been there for a few years. i always caught nice trout, and once in awhile some nice calico there. and if the fish weren't biting, there was always the brackney or choconut. i'm heading north to lake lorain, the ice should be ok. we had warm weather and rain this week, but the temps up there were cold at nite. i'm leaving real early. we'll see what happens.

Magnus - We havent been on quaker yet but checked it 2 weeks ago while fishing a lake over the hill. Tank used to fish it alot 30 years ago. We are planning a trip there soon, we'll bring the lites for the crappies...

Loraine should have good ice. That part of the county is like Antartica compaired to down by you...

cny tim. this is how my w.p. trip usually begins. first i get a shopping list from my neighbors when they find out i'm going up. leave wilkes barre at 3pm. cross border into bingo, stop at country bobs for refreshments. stop at docs home brew supply shop. stop at corteses for take out pizza, and refreshments. then over to endwell to lupos for spedies, to romas bakery for bread, to battalinis for more bread, then to rogers market to talk to roger about fishing, then to the cider mill, back to consols for dinner. after all that i'm too tired to go to the lake, so i head back home. seriously, i have only fished the lake a handful of times. i rather fish the river for walleyes. narrowsburg or the susky from owego to gowdy or through the endless mtn. stretch. i fish the pack which is much closer to me than w.p..

Welcome Aqua,I don't know alot about pennsylvania other than Cabelas, and Maple grove raceway I use to go watch the top fuel dragsters every year down there I don't go anymore because it interfears with my fall walleye fishing grin.gif.