• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DNR's getting a fresher look to website

Seems like I've been on the DNR HSOforum quite often lately and it's not the easiest to navigate. They are getting a new site prepped and can see the new and improved version. Here's a link to the news release and link to a preview page:

DNR New Release of New Site format

and

New Site Format Page

It's nice-go check it out!

Originally Posted By: glenn57
i will check it out. i hope it doesnt take as long for them to do that as it does to answer there e-mails.

be patient, just remember that we have to do more with less. every year it gets worse.....

I guess I have been using the old format of the DNR page for so long that I know how to find what I am looking for on there. Pretty much everyday I go on the site to read survey reports and maps for new lake possibilities, and take notes on which lakes I would like to fish.

If you have google earth downloaded on your computer...finding little lakes and placing a point of intrest on the lake makes it easy to figure out a plan of attack different parts of the season. You can note things like average size of fish, bottom content, depth, access locations.

I guess that is what I most often do with the DNR site anyway.

That is a great way to plan a lake! I learn a ton from you guys! I look on the site because of the new regulations on the lakes I fish. I just think that the new format will make navigation way easier. It's nothing fancy but it doesn't need to be.

Originally Posted By: glenn57
deadhead, how patient does one need to be? ive been dealing with the issue ive e-mailed them with for over 2 years.

It all depends on what the issue is ;\) I'm not sure what issues you are referring to, but keep in mind there are a lot of processes that need to be gone through before most things can change. Most of the review processes like NEPA, EAW, and ER are well intentioned, but quite time consuming and involved to the government user. That's where bureaucracy comes in to play. Many DNR Divisions are understaffed, and have very heavy workloads; unfortunately 2 years is not out of line to wait for a resolution.

the state of minn decided to give people new dl numbers now when you renew, and that info hasnt been moved to the dnr. if i give my dl they dont recongize me. good thing they came up with the dnr customer number or i would have issue getting my licenses.