• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris Xtra-12

swedishpimple

Are all Polaris Xtra-12 Rear suspensions the same.

I have a 1997 XLT LTD w/ teh Xtra-12. I went to my dealer to have them order me a Kimpex Gold gas shock to match the Front rear shock I put in.

Some how they ordered a front ski shock....so they decided to replace it with a Fox shock. I know the XLT Special came with fox shocks in the XTRA-12.

My Problem is the Fox shock seems like it is 1" longer than the original hydraulic shock.

Is there an adjustment somewhere??? Did they screw up again???

This has been a nightmare...wrong piece after another...miss placed orders. I am about ready to drop a match in the tank and get that Renegade I want.

Originally Posted By: swedishpimple
I am about ready to drop a match in the tank and get that Renegade I want.

Please have a video camera around when you do this!!! You'll love the Renegade!!! LOL

Does it "seem" like it's longer...or is it actually 1" longer? Need to know the exact shock lengths (and travel) of each to get a better answer. I don't think you would want to install a longer shock as it may limit travel....but maybe it wont affect it that much.

BTW....my 06' 600 SDI Gade got 17 and 17.9 MPG this past weekend riding trails agressivly! grin.gif

Thanks NAMA....I had the numbers from the Polaris HSOforum...what I don't have is what the cross reference number would be for an "after-market" FOX shock.

Looks like the Polaris # for the XLT SP Xtra-12 rear FOX shock is 7041480....I think this is what I have.

O.k. here's what I found. pn. 7041587 (which is what you need) the extended lenght on the shock is 12.3". the collapsed lenght is 9.825.

pn. 7041481 (which is the xlt) the extended lenght is 12.3 the collapsed lengh is 10.41.

pn. 7041480 extended is 12.3 and the collapsed lenght is 8.67.

I don't know what else to tell you. I don't believe that the Fox shock should be used in replacement to the Gabriel oil shock.

At any rate the correct shock pn. for the XLT Limited for 1997 is 7041587. I would try to replace it with the O.E.M. shock if you want your buggy to ride correctly and not have to worry about it. Hope this helps you out some. I'll check back if you have any more questions. \:D