• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

help me out plz

gvg_uwec

hey guys im looking for a new or used wink.gif flip over style fish shack..i have a half flip style one right now...(only flips to 90 degrees not all the way over) and i am looking for more room that the traps have..anyway im lookin for the few tips you guys might have in what features are better and what you think...also im looking for a one man that has some room to move around in..prob a fishtrap pro size

There a few options you can take. The four most common ones are as follows:

1)Otter Small Den:
-High quality sled
-Thick outer canvas
-Walk-in zipper door
-Front window
-Sets up to: 56"L x 69"W x 62"H
-Weight: 43 pounds

2)Fish Trap Pro:
-Sliding seat w/ rod locker
-Ice Armor
-Walk-in zipper door
-Clear front window
-Side vents
-Sets up to: 78"L x 43"W x 60"H
-Weight: 47 pounds

3)Frabill Ranger Solo:
-New modular seating system
-Arctic Armor
-Four windows for 360 degree viewing
-Sets up to: 96"L x 48"W x 67"H
-Weight: 58 pounds

4)The Glacier ice shelters. There is a link under the FishingMN home that describes these in detail.

There are other one-man flip-overs but these are the ones that I most frequently see. Polar Sport also has a one man that is comparable to the rest. Spend some time looking at each and see what best fits you.

If you have any more questions feel free to drop me an e-mail or post a reply.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Depends on what you want to use it for.
If it's for hand pulling on the ice I recommend a Glacier III.

If it's for the long haul get an Otter.

I own a Fish Trap Pro and I have no complaints. I've also fished out of the Otter, Frabill, and Polar Sport, and all are nice. They all block the wind and keep you warm. Its just a matter of personal preference. Soon a lot of the fishing stores should start displaying the different models. Take a look and see what you think.

I agree with Rick on saying that the Otter is the way to go if you're planning on long hauls. The Otter sled is awesome and very durable. Will last for a ling time through tough conditions.

If you can wait, the St. Paul ice show might be the best bet for getting info and checking out all the different models. But then again, there might be ice by then smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]

The Otter is a good one and a good place to find one is at the local bait store. They always have bulletin boards and if you ask or post a note you will get a reply i'm sure.
Good luck and catch many fish
Tim