• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marine Batteries....

joshseaton

Just a general questions about marine batteries. I run an '06 pro-v, that I bought brand new and it came with the standard batteries that the marina rigs all their boats with. I use the trolling motors quite a bit, but always keep a good charge on the batteries inbetween uses and in storage. Is it true that you should generally switch batteries every couple of years? If so, do any of you have and recomandations as far as brands of deep cyle batteries? Thanks for any info you have!

do a simple load test,most garages or shops should have a set up for this,if batterys check out good and perform good they are good .

simply replacing batterys because a couple of years have past is not really needed

it sounds like you have taken care of them so save the money until they fail

battery technology is really getting better and when another series of them surpasses what we have now you wight want to upgrade with failure.

Yep, I would let it go until you start to become unhappy with the performance / run time unless you're headed to Canada where they won't get charged for a while and you're going to be depending on them to make or break your trip.

marine_man