• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing in the BWCA

yellowsubmarine

I've been searching the web for info on ice fishing in the BWCA. Are you allowed to do this? It looks like they only issue overnight permits thru September. Does this mean you can't go in there after that, or you just don't need a permit that time of year? Also, I haven't found any specific information as far as motors are concerned. I've heard rumors that snowmobiles are allowed but I don't think that's true. I know the lake I want to go to is closed to motors. Does this mean motorized vehicles or all motors? I guess what I'm getting at, is if I'm willing to walk back in there, can I still take my gas auger or would I have to use a hand auger, or spud bar, ice saw, etc. Can someone please set me straight on this? Thanks in advance.

if you arelooking for just something on the weekends call the Outdoor Program Center at Bemidji State University they take a couple trips up to the boundary waters in the winter and for like $75-80 they provide everything

------------------
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein