• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How does the Glacier hold up to use?

Pharcta2

OK - all things being equal, and my bank account being somewhat less than equal, I think I'm going to spring for the Glacier III. From what I can see, and searching some of the posts here, it looks and sounds like a really good entry-level sled/flip over type shelter. My only concern is how the handle the rigors of ice fishing, dragging, and storage. Anyone have any first-hand experience, good or bad?

Thanks in advance,

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Hey Pharcta,
the sled is very durable for sliding on ice. However, if you are going to pull it behind a snowmobile or atv you will need the plastic slides attached. It will wear and is not as thick as an Otter. However, it is also nice and light for transporting and pulling on the ice.

The shell is Arctic armor and is some of the best material I've seen for taking abuse.

I've taken a knife to Otter type canvas and the Arctic Armor on the Glacier. I can easily tear the canvas and it's extremely difficult to even tear tiny bits of the arctic armor. The Glacier Shell wins hands down on this one. It's also breathable.

I do prefer the Otter, but you should know that it is considerably heavier and about double the price.