• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake North Dakota

I just got back from a 10 day fishing trip to Devils Lake ND, My buddy moved up there last year, and he's not too familiar with the lake, so needless to say, I spent alot of time moving around trying to find the fish....On the 5th day, I DID! the walleyes seem to move into the trees right around 1/2 hour before dark and about 15 min. after dark, the fishing is great only for that 45 minutes, i put about 60 hours on the ice during one of the coldest weeks of the year, but you sure cant predict the weather. In 9 days of fishing i caught 72 walleye 16 perch and 1 6lb northern. the fishing was great, however, i heard someone telling me about crappies after dark only in this one channel, unfortunetly i didn't make it out there. I'm putting this post up here just in case anyone was thinking about making the trip up. If you do, take the train AMTRAK it's inexpensive 41$ one way and it goes through the night, its well worth the money! Good Fishing!

There are some crappies and you hear of a few caught every year but they are pretty spotty you probably didn't miss out on much. Heck ya $41 I can't even go there for that and I live only 2 hours away. Pretty nice way to go.