• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Conditions around Pine City???

GoggleEye

I havent been there myself for awhile. The farther north you go the better. Pine City is to far south, Moose Lake or Willow Rive would be the best bet. According to the DNR's new snow depth map(updated on 1-31-08) northern Pine County and Carlton County is in the 8-12" range. The Willow River report on the Willard Munger Trail is reporting 9" of snow with a trail base of 2", but thats going to be a hard 2" of snow. And they say icey with some bare spots. Overall they say the conditions are fair. I would bet the trails are actually pretty good, theres probably not been to many people going out the last couple of weeks due to cold weather and then the warm weather and we havent had any new snow in the last month so that will also keep people off the trails.

We left from Willow River on Saturday 24th. Rode north to Moose Lake then east to Holyoke. South thru Nemadji to Duxbury and back west to Willow River. The trails were all smooth, but very icy and not a lot of lube for the hyfax. I would rate it about 5 of 10 overall.

FLaker