• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rattle reels

slenz

You can get them at most bait shops and sporting goods stores. I use a couple different types but don't really have a favorite. Basically you have the ones that screw into the side of a house or clip-on style that I've used with my portable. Both work great..good luck

The lowest I have seen them priced are for $12.99 and the highest ive seen are listed for $15.99.
I made my own rattle reels but mine are a little more unique than the ones in the stores. I didnt really feel like paying $120 for 8 rattle reels.

------------------
Fish ON!

Make them out of composite(?) board and drill some holes and put the dowels into the holes and glue. Not to hard. BUT, it is very time consuming and gluing every dowl on the reels takes time.
I think I have around 20 made already and that sould be good enough for me. grin.gif It probably took 15 hours to get everything right, get going and make 20 of them.

------------------
Fish ON!

And if you dont get it yet, just go to a store that sells rattle reels and get a good idea of how they make them. Or even better if one of your buddies has one, just steal his for alittle bit and get a pattern.

------------------
Fish ON!