• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ND Regulations Question

Was possibly thinking of heading to devils lake in march. I'm from MN and was just checking the ND regulations online. I just want to make sure I read the rules correctly. Ice shacks don't have to be off the ice until april 1st? Meaning, resorts will still have rentals out in late march (probably about when I'd head up there)? Also, is the season for walleye/pike continuous? If not, what is the season?

Originally Posted By: JBMasterAngler
Ice shacks don't have to be off the ice until april 1st? Meaning, resorts will still have rentals out in late march (probably about when I'd head up there)?

Here is the sentence from the regs that deals with fishhouse removal date:

Originally Posted By: NDGNF
Fish houses shall be removed from all waters by midnight March 15 of each year. Portable fish houses can continue to be used if they are removed daily.

Originally Posted By: JBMasterAngler
Also, is the season for walleye/pike continuous?

The season is continuous for angling for Walleye & Northern.

Good luck!

marine_man

This is what had me confused from the regulations...

It is illegal to leave fish houses on any federal refuge land after March 15 or on any state-owned or managed land after April 1 of each year.

I was watching a fishing show the other day that also said something about houses out until april 1st. Hopefully I can get this figured out.

I would say, based on the regulations, that the earlier date (March 15) is the guiding factor and that the even though the other date (April 1) is later, the first reg trumps it.

Regardless, e-mail them at: [email protected]

They're usually very helpfull and quick to reply.

If you would, please report back here what the reg is.

Also, regardless of what the "official" date is, depending on ice conditions in late March they may already have their permanent houses off the lake.

Thanks!

marine_man

Well, there's always the portable method, unless you're planning on reting a sleeper...

Some resorts (I know some on LOW do it) will still rent shacks out, pull them out for the day and pull them back in, but you'd have to check with the resort.

marine_man