• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fight Night!

jltimm

Remember Fight night is tonight on spike. Mike swick against Josh Burkman. Alot of other good fighters to. The 155 lb class, so the action is always fast! Nate Diaz is fighting, and if you know anything about the UFC, you know either of the Diaz brothers will bring it! Let's get it on!

Tommy Speer has alot of potential. A strong wrestler base. Now just learn striking and submissions, and how to avoid both.It's got to be cool to actually know, or be friends with someone in the UFC! Nate diaz beat a pretty good guy tonight, now who's gonna be next?

JLT...That Diaz is pretty spidery, thats for sure! The way he was manuvering around that guy, it looked like he had 4 arms and 4 legs!

I was kind of surprised that Cote got to McFedries so quick? I also wasn't to impressed with the main event...both of those guys are good, but maybe to evenly matched in their perspective areas of expertise? All in all, not a bad night of fights for free!

The Diaz brothers have always been one of my favorites to watch. You cannot say enough about thier submission skills! Alot of guys play right into their trap, which is almost impossible not to do. The opponent thinks they're winning with a takedown, and next thing you know they are in pain tapping out! I also like how they are just a 'little" cocky! I don't like arrogant people, but if they can back it up I have to give it to them.

what does every one think of brock lessnar getting into the ufc? i know he is an excellent wrestler and is built like a brick sh!$ house but how will he handle getting hit. there are alot of really big guys that can wrestle but have glass chins it should be interesting to see what happens.

Won't have to guess for to much longer, in short order here, we'll know! He's big, strong, an accomplished wrestler, athletic, but he is just starting MMA when alot of guys are thinking about quiting! Should be interesting?

I think Brock will do good if he sticks with it. He is fighting Frank Mir, who is a well rounded fighter. Brock has everything he needs with a good wrestling base. He has been learning MMA for a few years. He is very athletic, and unbelievably strong. Jan. 31 Spike is doing an all access with him, so make sure you tune into that. Mir will have his hands full if he can't submit him, or sneak a good punch in. I think Brock will be able to take him down, but will he be able to stay out of a submission?

the problem i see lessnar having is that, yeah he has a awesome wrestling base (3 national titles) but in wrestling you learn to put guys on their back, and if he is in the gaurd, will he know how to defend? and staying out of submissions will be another biggie. mir is a very good well rounded fighter, but brock is a beast and very explosive, so it should be fun to watch.

JLT...Thats just it, the submissions...and the striking and kicking. Brock is no babe in the woods, I'm sure that dude can put the hurt on alot of people...and he might put the hurt on Mir! But I have to believe that Mir has the edge in striking, kicking and maybe submissions, even with Brocks background.

They must figure that they are pretty evenly matched, even with the MMA experience factor in Mirs favor....otherwise they wouldn't have matched them up. Unlike boxing, they don't throw the lambs to the lions...not so blatently anyways.

But, even at that, I have to see it before I will believe that he is ready to compete at a high level in MMA.