• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The State is Still Classifying Trials

swedishpimple

Pay attention to what the DNR/State/Environmentalists are doing.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/input/mgmtplans/ohv/designation/status.html#northern_border_group

The are actively classifying State Forests Lands in Northern Minnesota. We have been fortunate up here not having many of the trails classified. It looks like many of the State lands SOuth of HWY 2 will now be either closed or limited. Lands North of HWY 2 can still keep teh "managed" title.....which means tehy are open unless posted closed.

They are still taking public comment. Go to the DNR's HSOforum to get some more info. It is typical governmental stuff and not simple. It is important that we take some time to study this info and write some letters or others will close all of the trails for us.

Thanks.

I just looked up Nemadji because we own land bordering it. It looks like alot more trails, but they seem to end out in the middle of nowhere. The trail is legal halfway to an area, then it is off limits, and then it starts back up again in the middle. I think alot of this will have to do with low lands, which could be avoided with some work, like a bridge. I wonder how a person could get that started?

I know this because I can see where the trails are on the shotty map they provide online in pdf format.

I wonder if some of the other forests are the same way or are they worse..

It is going from 52 miles of atv trail to 121 miles for atv/OHM only.

Now, the question is, what is atv class 1 and what trails are atv class 2?

I hope someone can make sense of all the appendixes and legal jibber jabber and put it in a handbook.