• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heading to the Idaho Panhandle for a little PAN fishing

Well, in a couple hours I will be heading over HWY 2 west to Idaho. We plan to target some bluegill and crappie and maybe some perch at a few small lakes in the Bonners Ferry area.

Hopefully there wont be too much snow, and that the ice is safe! Its not that there arent enough fish in Montana, but we have targeted a few lakes for supposed good to excellent 'gill and crappie fishing. We shall see!

On a side note, we are looking at expanding the Montana forum to include Idaho and maybe even Wyoming. If you would care to ring in with your location, please check out the post I have entitled "Hey, Idaho and Wyoming"!

Thanks!

had a good time, got into some nice 'gills at the second lake we hit. no monsters but steady fishing for 11" fish. Rough accesses for the most part, I had the truck camper on and that made it dicey in a few spots.

Its pretty funny that NW Idaho has hundreds of lakes with gills, sunnies, crappies etc and in Montana we have none (except where bucket biologists have interfered...)

I'll be working out in the NW Montana, northern Idaho, and NE Washington area this summer, and absolutely LOVE bluegill fishing. Sounds like there's some [PoorWordUsage] good lakes in the area, especially if you were steadily catching 11" bluegills. Thanks for the report.