• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rate your season

I have only really done the ice fishing thing for 2 years now. I have not done as well this year as I had hoped. I have done most of my Wallleye fishing on Lake Vermilion and it has been slow, but I have learned alot about where to go when on that lake so I would rate my season there an 8. I made two trips to LOW one time we did well and the other time mostly little ones so that would be a six. I have yet to get to URL this year but still hoping.

Overall I did better on numbers last year, this year the times I could fish it was not under the best weather conditions(darn fronts and clear blue skies). But this year I think I learned quite a bit more about ice fishing so I would rate it a 9.

A day of fishing with good company can't be bad smile.gif

Crappies: 8-9. A lot of action early on and adequate from there on. I expect to maybe raise it to a solid 9 by the end of the year. wink.gif

Gills: 7-8. A few outtings only produced small fish but I had a few outtings that gave up some nice bulls.

Walleye: I only fished for walleyes a few times and did pretty well. If I only had to rate my LOW experience then I'd give it a solid 10. But overall I'd say an 8.

Pike: Early on it recieves a 9-10 but declines to a 6 or so as the season progressed. I focused more on panfish and rarely fished for pike the rest of the year.

Perch: I only real focused on perch twice this year. The Winnie trip recieves an 8 and the Mille Lacs trip recieves a 6. Some nice perch out on Winnie but not huge numbers. Huge numbers on Mille Lacs but not a lot of size.

Bass: Only caught bass the first few weeks but during those weeks I'd give it a 7. Action was on a off but decent size fish.

There is still several weeks left for panfish so I'm hoping that those numbers go up.

Good Fishin, Matt.

MJ5 and Fishing Minnesota...
http://frida.blc.edu/~mjohnson/mj5.html