• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photo blind

What does everyone use for a photo blind for birds. I have the L.L.Rue blind (see attached photo), that I purchased several years ago. It's durable and sets up in less than a minute. However, it has just 2 port holes. This makes it tough when you never know which tree a bird is going to land on. It seems too restricting, especially if they land close and high up.

2166719184_19802a2f93.jpg

Hi X,

I have ports on each side of mine, but just leave one open to shoot through. I focus on just a small area that my shooting will take place. I have a feeder that the birds come to, then provide perches for them to sit on. Ideally, I'll have my camera pre-directed at a perching spot and wait for a bird to land there. Sometimes I get carried away and will try to get some on the ground or on the edge of the feeder, but invariably, about the time I move my focal point a bird lands on the perch that would make a better picture. Also, all that lens moving around will scare the birds out of there. Hope this helps.

finnbay smile.gif

Thanks, Ken, But no, it doesn't really help much. frown.gif Unfortunately, I'm using my blind in a stranger's yard. She has trees all around her yard so I never know where a bird is going to end up. This just makes it more of a challenge, I guess. I just wish this blind was a little taller with additional ports head high.

Thanks for the effort, Ken. grin.gif

Mike,

I just got the Ameristep blind. I've used it a couple times and I would agree with Ken that if you're moving much the birds or squirrels in my case will scatter. The more ports you have open the more light gets in, which means the easier it is for the critters to spy you.

Sorry, I'm sorry this probably didn't help much either.

Mike