• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice report from the Gunflint area

Hi All

happy New Year

I was up at the cabin ( Grand Marais ) for and extended time with no internet grin.gif ( well if I went into town I could have logged on - but tongue.gif )Anyway - Hit a few lakes, very very slow fishing and the ice was aweful. Pretty consistent at - 2 in. of crust, 8 - 10 of slush then 6 -8 in of just ok ice. I actually broke through with the wheeler a couple of times by shore.

Once out to the middle things where a bit better. Not as much slush and better ice.

I was out alone and it got a bit scary so didn't venture around much.

Soooo - how was everyones New year! I'll get caught up on reading post over lunch!!!!

laugh.gif

Welcome Back Tami! Not much going on around here! Not very good fishing reports anywhere! We were supposed to meet glenn57 and clan at Riley's on New Year's Eve but unexpected friends showed up at the cabin and we were kinda stuck! We got home yesterday and back at work today frown.gif. I had a crazy dream last night that we got animated smiley's when the forum was upgraded and then I went really crazy around here-ok oversharing-I'll stop!! crazy.giftongue.gifgrin.gif

Hope the ice is ok for the Bash at the end of the month!